How cool would it be to change your hair color once a week without a hint of damage?! Mind blowing right?!
As I Am created an innovative, temporary hair color curling gel in 13 dreamy and vibrant shades! From fiery Hot Red to calming Minty Mermaid and everything in between, our Curl Color allows you to express your creativity and change up your hair color with each and every wash.
We created Curl Color with our #Curlbaes in mind of course. Our curl enhancing color gel offers a medium hold with maximum color payoff.
All of our products are made to be gluten free, paraben free, free from silicone, phthalates, & petrolatum. There is no mineral oil, DEA, lye, lauryl sulfates, and no animal testing, which makes us cruelty free and specifically for our Curl Color Collection, vegan!
No flakes or stiffness in sight. And best of all? There is no need for bleach, developer, to damage your hair to achieve your desired results. Curl Color works on even the darkest of hair colors.
Unlike traditional temporary hair color or hair paint wax, Curl Color is a gel that actually improves hair moisture by 84% and strengthens hair by 6% after just one application. This innovation is driven by a proprietary nano-emulsion of Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Ceramides, and Betaine to keep hair healthy and nourished.
Ceramides - Ceramides help create a barrier to prevent permeability. This locks moisture into your skin/hair, which helps prevent dryness and irritation. It may also help protect your epidermis from environmental damage.
Betaine - Betaine improves shine by helping maintain the integrity of the cuticle surface. As an osmolyte, it also possesses the ability to penetrate the stratum corneum of the scalp, where it can optimize moisture in the skin cells and follicles, positively impacting the health of the scalp and contributing to healthier hair
- Cleanse the hair using As I Am JBCO Shampoo or Cowash.
- Spray As I Am JBCO Water liberally throughout the hair.
- Apply As I Am Classic Leave-In Conditioner or JBCO Leave-In Conditioner before coloring.
- Towel dry hair before applying Curl Color.
- Section hair off and apply to damp hair from root to tip. (Use a generous amount based on the thickness of hair.)
- For maximum vibrance, apply until color is visibly bright and saturated on your hair (before drying).
- Twist or rake through hair for desired style.
- Use a hooded dryer or hand held diffuser to completely dry your Curl Color application (to avoid color transfer).
- If air-drying, allow hair to completely dry (to avoid color transfer).
- Use gloves to apply color.
- For a subtle look, apply a fingerfull to each chunk or section of hair.
- For maximum color longevity, consider wearing a bonnet at night to prevent potential transfer to your pillowcase or bedding.
Is Curl Color for Straight Hair Types?
Yes! Any hair type can use Curl Color, however please keep in mind that this product is a gel. It is best to use the color/styler to set a style in the form of rollers, perm rod sets, braid outs, twist outs, bantu knots, wash-n-go, or simply as a colored gel to slick a style back.
Can I Flat Iron/Straighten My Hair With This Product?
No, this product is a gel, and unless you would like to risk potential damage to your hair this product is not suited for heat in that way.
How Long Does The Color Last?
The color is completely TEMPORARY. It will wash off the moment you decide to hop in the shower or under any form of precipitation.
If My Hair is Chemically Processed, Colored, or Bleached Can I Use This Product?
Anyone who has high lift color, bleached, or chemically processed hair, we HIGHLY suggest a strand test.
How Do I Prevent Color Transfer?
As all temporary color, transfer is not completely avoidable. What helps the most is in the preparation of the hair, dry time, and what products are used. Considering that the Curl Color is a gel in itself, it is not necessary to mix another gel product with the Curl Color. Some formulas of other products/brands do not agree with others and can cause more transfer or flaking.